Happy Holidays, everyone!
2014 has been wonderful to me, and I hope it has been awesome for you too. I’ve been doing year-enders back in my old livejournal, and I love looking back on the year’s adventures and accomplishments. It inspires me to dream bigger for the upcoming year and also be grateful for all the blessings of the past year.
This year, I was able to tick off a lot of items from my grand bucket list, and I’ve shared some of them in this blog. Some of the highlights of my year:
* I started the year with a lot of trips, and tried my best to blog about each one.
* Best trip of the year: I went to California! WOOT! Was able to visit L.A, Sacramento and San Francisco. Thanks, Universe! 🙂
* I experimented with a lot of my (hoarded) art materials this year.
* Katha turned one this year! We decided on “Myths and Legends” as the theme for our anniversary issue. Read more about it here.
* This is the year for rekindling my love with lettering and calligraphy.
* Type Kita 2! So happy I got to watch some of my fave artists at work. Also, Type Kita 1
* Arts/Crafts challenges like this.
* Or the #30bravedays challenge.
* My first drawing with colored pencils.
* I made temporary tattoos!
* For 2015, I plan to make more “good things” posts.
* I went to this year’s Art Fair.
* Big Blog Exchange 2014. I remember being top three in Asia/Oceania and feeling giddy. I didn’t win, but it was also quite an experience, deciding to join and urging people to vote for me (which admittedly, I felt kind of torn about, but, follow your dreams, right?)
* The Inspire Everyday event at the Ayala Museum.
* Katha Magazine was one of the finalists in this year’s Globe Tatt awards! Thanks for nominating us and voting, friends! 🙂
* I got to make my own perfume! It was the best workshop I’ve attended this year. 🙂
* Teach yo’self sessions. I’ve been teaching myself through books and online videos, and I’m happy that I got myself a library membership at the Union Church Library, where I was able to borrow a lot of arts/crafts books, and some rare fiction books as well. 🙂
* I tried painting with gouache for the first time.
* Fly Yoga!
* Calligraphy exchange 2014
I’m still thinking of what to name 2015, and listing down goals for the year. We already have some beach and travel plans and I’m crossing my fingers that they’ll push through. Recently some friends old and new and I have been meeting up for a Teach What You Know Kiligraphy date after work, filled with testing new calligraphy and lettering tools and just hoarding together haha. I love creating with a group and meeting new friends in the process, so this is totally up my alley. Can’t wait for our scheduled January TWYK Kiligraphy session! 🙂
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, lovelies!