I did it! I am happy to report that I was able to finish all 31 days of #inktober this year. 🙂
Left side was done October one, right side was done October 31. Some realizations after doing this challenge:
– I like drawing androgynous ladies, and ladies with wavy hair.
– I don’t really enjoy drawing full bodies but I love figuring out where shadows go for faces
– Working with just one pen, a brush pen and a waterbrush has made me consider darkest tones and highlights.
– One month creative challenges work best for me. After that I sort of lose my interest and it’s not as fun anymore.
– Inktober is best done with something you want to get better at, for me it’s drawing fashion figures originally but I realized I wanted to paint faces more.
– Doing this and knowing that a lot of people all over the globe are doing it too made it more enjoyable.
– Just start. Sometimes you are too tired to make one but just soldier on and when you’re actually doing it you’ll realize you just had to put pen to paper.
– There’s nothing wrong with starting over.
It’s day 23 of #inktober already! I haven’t missed a day which I consider a feat in itself, and am still having fun in this challenge. I started with the vision of illustrating fashion poses in magazines but halfway through the 31-day mark it got a bit tiresome. I noticed that I enjoyed drawing larger portraits though, and had fun shading the faces. I’ve decided to focus on that nowadays:
More than 3 years ago I studied fashion illustration at FIP because I wanted to learn about how to draw fashion figures and illustrate females. There weren’t a lot of workshops back then (unlike today which I’m really happy about) so that was a great experience for me and I got to meet a lot of new friends as well. As years went by I realized how much I enjoyed portrait painting and I want to focus on this instead. Will attend 2 more portrait workshops in a few weeks so I’m really excited for that.
The drawing on the upper left side was done on my 1st day and the drawing on the lower right was done the other day. 🙂
Last year I drew birds and this year I wanted to draw people. Specifically, I wanted to make more fashion illustrations. 🙂 So this year I’m doing my #30daysofpeopleinink project. 🙂 I use magazines for drawing reference because I do it every morning before work so I need something quick.
See more using the hashtag #30daysofpeopleinink in instagram 🙂